The Writers Workshop supports all writers in the campus community across all forms of academic and professional writing, at any stage of the writing process. We offer writing groups, writing-related presentations, and writing consultations on where we provide feedback on essays, research papers, personal statements, cover letters, theses and dissertations, manuscripts for publication, presentations, digital compositions, and anything between and beyond.
The Writers Workshop is proud to have been spotlighted as a “Sanctuary for the Written Word” by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Check out our social media to meet the consultants who were featured in the article!
To protect the health and safety of our students, consultants, and community, all Writers Workshop services are being offered online. To receive feedback on your writing, you can select:
- Online Consultation by Appointments, where you’ll reserve a 50-minute appointment to meet with a consultant in real-time via videoconferencing;
- Drop-In Online Consultations, where you’ll meet with a consultant in real-time via videoconferencing in a 20-30 minute, first-come, first-served session;
- Written Feedback Appointments, where you’ll reserve an appointment, upload your document(s), complete a detailed appointment form, and receive written feedback at the end of your appointment time. There is no live interfacing with the consultant in this format.
Our presentations and writing productivity groups are also being hosted online; please view our calendar to learn more about upcoming events or learn more about requesting workshops and class presentations.
We are committed to providing accessible services. To request accommodations, please contact Dr. Carolyn Wisniewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-333-8796.
New to the Writers Workshop? Click here for more information on how to register and create an appointment.
Spring 2021 Finals Period
The Writers Workshop will close for the semester on May 12. We will reopen during Summer Session II, beginning June 14.
The Writers Workshop has modified hours during finals week:
- Saturday 1-6pm (drop-ins available all hours)
- Sunday 1 – 10pm (drop-ins available all hours)
- Monday 10am – 10pm (drop-ins available 1-10pm)
- Tuesday 10 am – 10pm (drop-ins available 1-10pm)
- Wednesday 12 – 5pm (drop-ins available all hours)