CALL FOR STUDENT ARTWORK & POETRY
Posted: September 26, 2022
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Submissions now accepted through November 1!
The Writers Workshop announces a call for original student artwork & poetry to display in our new in-person location in the Main Library (100b). Help us transform our new space into a creative, collective campus home that captures the diversity of our student body and the wide variety of forms that writing takes on our campus!
- Visual art may be created using any form of 2-D visual art and must be able to be hung on a wall using 3M Command strips.
- Poetry should fit on a single 8.5×11 page with a readable font size.
- Artist collaborations & pieces using both visual art and poetry are welcome!
All submissions should relate to the theme: writing, the writing process, writing as a student, and/or Writers Workshop activities.
- Submissions will be now accepted until November 1!
- Email your submission to email@example.com as a jpeg or png no later than November 1.
- Along with your work, please submit the following information for reviewer purposes:
- Full name
- If/when your work is selected for display, we will contact you for further information.
Selected works will be displayed in the UIUC Writers Workshop’s new in-person location (Main Library, room 100b) through the end of the Fall semester (December 2022). The Writers Workshop reserves the right to display work that best fits our in-person space and the theme of this display. Works not selected for the Fall may be displayed in the Spring semester.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This is an unpaid opportunity.